Advanced Mental Health Training for Leaders and Managers to identify, manage and protect the mental health and wellbeing of their employees.
The Mental Health Conversations online course is designed to help managers gain an understanding of mental health and wellbeing in the workplace, know how to identify if a team member is not coping, and respond appropriately to support the person and the team, so they can perform at their best.
To face the coming challenges in the workplace and the world at large, Leaders, Managers and Supervisors must respond to the challenges presented with a stable, grounded, and clear presence of mind.
It is essential for the sustainability and future of the business, and equally for the health and wellbeing of each employee, that organizations align the very best mental health knowledge and most powerful and positive paradigms so that staff can proactively deal with whatever occurs in the coming weeks and months.
That’s why it’s so important that managers gain an understanding of mental health and wellbeing in the workplace, know how to support the resilience of their teams, and how to respond if a team member is not coping. Mental Health Conversations for Managers equips Leaders and Managers to do just that.
In this online course managers will learn:
- How to identify signs and symptoms of stress and mental health vulnerability
- How to conduct an effective and appropriate conversation about mental health, ensuring they act within the limits of their role as managers
- How, where and when to access resources and connect people with appropriate support services
- How to manage performance, where mental health issues may also exist
- How to undertake reasonable adjustments to work schedules and practices, including our eventual return to work
- How to prevent mental health issues from escalating, by creating a mentally health and psychologically safe working environment
This self-paced online mental health training for managers allows participants to access the training at a time suitable to them. Video modules of approximately 10 minutes each can be completed in one sitting or one at a time as desired. Participants complete short assessment quizzes at various points throughout the course, to test their knowledge and understanding.
A certificate of completion is provided upon successful completion of the course.
“The videos were concise and engaging and the tests at the end of each module were specific enough that you had to have watched the video to get a good score.” – Katie, UNSW
Who The Course Is For:
- People in leadership positions in all workplaces that carry the legal and financial risk of the company.
- Managers, supervisors and team leaders responsible for protecting the health and wellbeing of their teams.
- Managers and supervisors facing the challenges of building an agile and hybrid workforce.
Have A Group?
Group discounts apply.
Key individuals at your organization can be allocated ´Manager´ status to track the progress of each participant through the program.
|1. Introduction to Workplace Mental Health||00:00:00|
|2. What is Mental Ill Health?||00:00:00|
|MHCM Quiz 2||Unlimited|
|3. Diverse Perspectives on Mental Health||00:00:00|
|MHCM Quiz 3||Unlimited|
|IDENTIFYING COMMON MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES|
|4. How Common are Mental Health Issues?||00:00:00|
|MHCM Quiz 4||Unlimited|
|5. Understanding Anxiety||00:00:00|
|MHCM Quiz 5||Unlimited|
|6. Understanding Depression||00:00:00|
|MHCM Quiz 6||Unlimited|
|7. Understanding Psychosis||00:00:00|
|MHCM Quiz 7||Unlimited|
|8. Understanding Substance Use Disorders||00:00:00|
|MHCM Quiz 8||Unlimited|
|RESPONDING TO MENTAL ILL HEALTH|
|9. What if I am Concerned for a Staff Member´s Wellbeing||00:00:00|
|10. PIECES Model for Responding to Mental Ill Health as a Manager||00:00:00|
|MHCM Quiz 9-10||Unlimited|
|11. Seeking Further Support||00:00:00|
|12. What If They Don´t Want Help?||00:00:00|
|MHCM Quiz 11-12||Unlimited|
|13. Responding to Someone Who Discloses Mental Ill-Health||00:00:00|
|MHCM Quiz 13||Unlimited|
|MANAGING MENTAL HEALTH|
|14. Managing Performance and Mental Health||00:00:00|
|MHCM Quiz 14||Unlimited|
|15. Considerations for Privacy and Mental Health||00:00:00|
|MHCM Quiz 15||Unlimited|
|16. Appropriate Flexible Arrangements||00:00:00|
|MHCM Quiz 16||Unlimited|
|17. Role Modelling Resilience||00:00:00|
|MHCM Quiz 17||Unlimited|